Eco Travel Tips and Destinations
Eco Travel Tips
If you are planning to do some serious eco travel you may need to do your homework on a few aspects of your trip.
- Consult your doctor and get a list of possible medications that you may need. Remember – you may not have access to a drug store, so carry your medicines with you.
- Get yourself tested for allergies. It helps to know if you are allergic to pollen or any particular food, before you set off on an eco tour.
- There are companies like Travel Medicine Inc. that cater to the needs of travelers. Some of the medicines can be bought online. From insect repellents to medication for jetlag, you can buy everything. But remember to consult your doctor before you purchase any of these.
- While on an eco tour, it’s good to rest at regular intervals. The idea is to enjoy yourself without becoming exhausted. Get in touch with your travel agent and find out if they have any special itineraries for senior travelers. These plans ensure that you have a leisurely trip and get lots of time to rest.
- You can consult a travel agent and plan an eco tour customized to suit your needs.
- Keep a checklist of your luggage as well as your travel itinerary.
- Make sure you stay in touch with your friends and family and send them regular updates.
- If you’ve decided to travel abroad, you need to get your passport and visa in order. Contact the State Department and complete all the formalities. Also, make sure that you have travel insurance.
- Do your homework well. Get to know about the place you are visiting. Learn about the political scenario, culture, geography, and sightseeing attractions of the place you are planning to visit.
- Make sure you leave details of your passport and travel itinerary with your friends or relatives.
- If you are seriously into green travel you may like to carry eco friendly products with you.
Top Eco Tourism Destinations
The following links will give you a broad overview of some of the top environmentally responsible travel options that are available:
- South America and Central America
- North America
To get details of eco tour packages to any of these places, please check http://www.responsibletravel.com/.
Go For It!
It hardly matters whether you are a senior citizen or a teenager, these guidelines can apply to any eco traveler. All you have to do is finalize your travel plans and make sure that you have a travel agency that ensures you have a comfortable trip; and then, you can simply set off on that eco vacation that you have dreamed of for so long.
Reference Links on Eco Travel
In case you have already gone through our eco tour tips, you may also check:
Learn More About…
American Express® and AAA
For further details on American Express® and AAA, you may visit:
Environment Friendly Products
You may purchase eco friendly travel products at the following sites: